Friday, August 13, 2004

Headed North by Northeast

Well, I sat through my last lecture, finished packing up all of my stuff, had my last meal at the dorm cafeteria (it was wierd being back in a dorm setting), and here I am sitting in the library on the U of O campus one last time.

I'll be heading north to Portland in a little less than an hour. All in all the mini course out here was a pretty good experience. I'm glad I got a chance to go, but I'm ready for a little R&R. It will be good to spend the weekend with my folks, but I am starting to feel a homeward pull.

Travelling is fun for a while, but it gets hard living out of a suitcase and not having all your stuff or your own living space. Not having a schedule or a routine is freeing for a while, but I am starting to miss the comfort of structure, the familiarity of life's baseline that we call "normal" - if that term can be said to have any real meaning.

I am sure that I will greatly enjoy whatever comes my way in the next 5-6 days of my ongoing adventures, but it will be good to get back to Lincoln.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home