Tuesday, August 03, 2004

A Welcome Addition

Well, its less than 24 hours into my blogging experience and I'm already posting again.

For those of you not in the know, I am currently out in Eugene Oregon attending an intensive summer graduate course on Hyperplane Rerrangements. Maybe I'll explain a bit about what those are and why they are interesteing in my next post (then again, maybe I won't, as I don't want to scare off all of my faithful readers). I'll be out here in the Pacific Northwest for about two more weeks before heading back to Nebraska.

Anyhow, this post really wasn't supposed to be about me or about mathematics, so forgive the brief digression. The addition I was referring to in the title of this post has only a peripheral reference to things mathematical in nature. Indeed, what I wanted to mention is that I found out that I am an uncle again (three times over now). Yesterday, my twin brother Eddie and his wife Lisa welcomed their new daughter Bethany Iris James into the world. Last I heard both mother and daughter were doing well, but do keep them in your prayers.

I couldn't be more pleased with the timing. Since my brother lives in Seattle (only a few hours up I-5 from where I am in Oregon), I will be able to go up and visit them and get a chance to meet my new niece this coming weekend. I am looking foreward to seeing them.

I'll try to post some photos (if I can get all that figured out) although that may have to wait until I get back to Nebraska where I can access the computer in my office.
(For you blogger pros out there: Do I have to store photos locally and upload them via a url reference? Is it worth it to go through the trouble of signing up for photo hosting?).


1 Comments:

At 3:42 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

What's funny is that although I am an "experienced blogger" I do not at all understand your question. I use a program called hello which is described in blogger help. I think I have to store the photos on my computer and then upload them. Do you have a computer? That may make pictures a different story for you. You may be able to upload them from a disk too. Hmm. I would check it out. Anyway, I enjoy your blog already.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home