Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Breaking the Silence

Hi folks.

I guess it has been a bit quiet here lately. Sorry about that.
The end of the summer and the beginning of the new school year is rapidly approaching. I've decided that since summer is almost over, I need to start being a bit more productive. I have to really, since there are a couple of important things left on my summer to do list, and I don't want to start the academic year behind.

Tomorrow will mark my one year anniversary living up here in Moorhead. It has been a good first year, but not without its challenges. I am pretty happy with where I am professionally. I enjoy my work and my co-workers at the U, and I am getting good feedback so far (my review from my dept. chair was pretty glowing, but my review from the Dean won't be until September). Socially and relationally speaking, I am not yet where I want to be. I have found a good church and am involved in a pretty good small group there, and I have the beginnings of some solid friendships, but as someone who highly values community and relationships, I don't have those deep friendships that I am used to having yet. I know it takes time to forge these, but it can be hard to remain patient.

By the way, I am going to try to update this blog at least twice a month (or better yet about once a week). We'll see how I do with this. Things have been a bit dismal on the blog front all around (other than Cal who keeps plugging away -- you da man!). Hopefully we can all get things rolling again.

2 Comments:

At 1:19 PM, Blogger Cal said...

It's pretty easy -- I get bored a lot more than twice a month so I have plenty of time.

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger the jake said...

Glad to have you back around Dr J, and will be looking forward to your successes in the blog-posting realm.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home